• Deddington News (DN) is an operating division of Deddington Media Community Interest Company (Company no. 08141239), a company limited by guarantee, with any profits dedicated to community projects. The DN’s governing body comprises its two joint editors and treasurer, supported by a committee of sub-editors.
• DN is an A4 magazine covering news, views, announcements and reports on events in the parish of Clifton, Deddington and Hempton. DN is produced by a group of more than 30 volunteers, including contributors, editorial staff, cover artists and distribution team.
• It is distributed free of charge to approximately 1,100 households in the parish.
• It is non-political and non-sectarian, and published monthly except for January and August.
• The views expressed are not necessarily those of the editors or the committee. Inclusion of an advertisement or insert does not constitute any recommendation or endorsement of the organisations concerned by Deddington News. The DN takes no responsibility and gives no guarantees, warranties or representations, implied or otherwise, for the content or accuracy of these advertisements.
• Submission of any article to the DN carrying personal information (e.g. names, locations, pictures) will imply that the person submitting the article has obtained the necessary consent from the individual (or parent/guardian in the case of a minor)/company/organisation for this information to be used both in print and online.
• Contributors should be aware that the monthly issues are posted online and therefore any personal contact details given are there in perpetuity.
• The DN seeks copyright permission where appropriate. Material is proofread. The editors seek to ensure the material is not scurrilous, offensive or otherwise unacceptable to the public at large. The DN team reserves the right to refuse any material.
All material must be attributable, and we do not accept anonymous entries. The editors are happy to say ‘Name and address supplied’ if there is a reason for your contact details not to be published.