On the edge of the Cotswolds is the Parish of Deddington, Clifton and Hempton. Accessible from the M40, it's an ideal launch pad for some of England's prettiest villages, grandest country houses and greatest seats of learning. Oxford, Stratford and Blenheim are within easy reach, as are Bicester Village and Silverstone racetrack. With its picturesque honey-coloured houses, history dating from Saxon times, plenty of social activity, a thriving business community and a variety of places to stay, the Parish is a great place to live, work or just visit.
The latest news:
- The site of the contested Pegasus housing development on the Banbury is up for sale - see here
- The B4031 will be closed for carriageway repairs between the junction with the A361 and the Duns Tew road in Hempton for 12 days from 3 March.
- Deddington Festival 2014 is whirring into action: it will be a fun-packed 10 days with three new talent competitions to interest budding film directors, popstars and authors of the parish. Click here for more details.
- What's on in Deddington? - see here ...
- If you have an item for Deddington News, please contact the editor
What's new on DoL?
The Stilgoe Family have been a significant presence in the parish for several hundred years. This article is both a history and an archive of the numerous books, documents and artifacts - including the Magistrate Court Rules in 1640, an 18C book of cures for animals and who owned the open field land in 1807 - that the present generation have in their keeping. It is a very important addition to parish history. e.g. did you know that Henry Edward Stilgoe (1867-1943) was Chief Engineer to the London Metropolitan Water Board?
Come and have your say on our forum! and read the views of others. The Forum is also read by the Parish Council and will enable them to gain an understanding of opinion. Registration is easy: go to the Forum and follow on-screen instructions. Contact Paul Drawmer if you have problems logging on. Latest topics are:
|Fix My Street||Deddington News Letters|
|Christmas Eve Carols||Deddington News Letters|
|Spanish Civil War Memorial||Deddington News Letters|
|Office equipment||For Sale|
|ST. THOMAS STREET/HOPCRAFT LANE - PLANNING APPLICATION||Deddington Discussions|