On the edge of the Cotswolds is the Parish of Deddington, Clifton and Hempton. Accessible from the M40, it's an ideal launch pad for some of England's prettiest villages, grandest country houses and greatest seats of learning. Oxford, Stratford and Blenheim are within easy reach, as are Bicester Village and Silverstone racetrack. With its picturesque honey-coloured houses, history dating from Saxon times, plenty of social activity, a thriving business community and a variety of places to stay, the Parish is a great place to live, work or just visit.
The latest news:
- the article in the online version of the Daily Telegraph, Radio 4 Today programme on Monday or Tuesday between 7 and 9am for national and local coverage of our Parish at War project.
- And see here for audio and visual streaming of the Service of Dedication on 16 June and the Radio Oxford interview with Rob Forsyth.
- or 07720 834 006.
- Deddington Festival goes live between 21 June and 13 July. New attractions include CreativeKIDZ, History, Stephen Sondheim's 'Broadway Baby' and Vivaldi's 'Gloria', along with the hugely popular Deddington Rocks and Deddington Jazz. Tickets are now on sale - read more on www.deddingtonfestival.org.uk.
- War Memorial Plaque Service of Dedication will take place in the Parish Church on 16 June at 12 noon. Read more here...
- Pegasus Housing Plans Rejected! The planning officers' report is here ... See the DDW statement here and read more here ...
- What's on in Deddington? - see here ...
What's new on DoL?
From Hempton to Hobart: Franklins of Deddington 1850–1917 An article by Sally Stradling, Oxfordshire Museums Service.
Come and have your say on our forum! and read the views of others. The Forum is also read by the Parish Council and will enable them to gain an understanding of opinion. Registration is easy: go to the Forum and follow on-screen instructions. Contact Paul Drawmer if you have problems logging on. Latest topics are: