On the edge of the Cotswolds is the Parish of Deddington, Clifton and Hempton. Accessible from the M40, it's an ideal launch pad for some of England's prettiest villages, grandest country houses and greatest seats of learning. Oxford, Stratford and Blenheim are within easy reach, as are Bicester Village and Silverstone racetrack. With its picturesque honey-coloured houses, history dating from Saxon times, plenty of social activity, a thriving business community and a variety of places to stay, the Parish is a great place to live, work or just visit.
The latest news:
- A Snow Warden scheme is being set up in Deddington to clear key pavements of snow and help the vulnerable and elderly by clearing paths to their doors. If you are interested in being a volunteer, contact David Rogers, 337065.
- The result of the Pegasus housing appeal is expected mid-December.
- Plans for housing development on the Clifton Road were on show at a recent public exhibition. To submit comments to the developer, Banner Homes, click here. The planning application will be submitted in January and a decision is expected April/May.
- Deddington needs a new Banbury Guardian correspondent: contact Molly Neild on 337719
- The Parish Council launched its Neighbourhood Plan for Deddington, Clifton and Hempton at three drop-in sessions in the Church. When priorities for the years ahead have been established, questionnaires will be delivered to every house; answers will form the basis of a plan for the future of the parish of Deddington. for more information, click here.
- Do look at Crew Manager Tim Parker's piece on 'From the Fire Station' on p17 of Decemebr DN. t's a really good read and evidence - if any were needed - of how fortunate we are to have such a committed crew on our doorstep.
- What's on in Deddington? - see here ...
- If you have an item for Deddington News, please contact the editor.
What's new on DoL?
Leonard Arthur LONG was a POW in WWI (A Parish at War p.43). His father Thomas owned Castle House from 1918 to 1934.
Franklins of Deddington - From Hempton to Hobart. Articles by Sally Stradling, Oxfordshire Museums Service.
Come and have your say on our forum! and read the views of others. The Forum is also read by the Parish Council and will enable them to gain an understanding of opinion. Registration is easy: go to the Forum and follow on-screen instructions. Contact Paul Drawmer if you have problems logging on. Latest topics are: