Deddington Development Watch
Deddington Parish Church & Benefice
Flora & Fauna
In the Area
Schools and Childcare
Where to Eat, Drink and Stay
The contribution that the many talented people who are involved in dance, drama, music and the visual arts make to life in the parish is considerable. For some it is mainly a leisure activity, although the standards achieved are often extremely high. Others earn some or all of their living professionally with well-earned reputations that go far beyond the parish.
- The Parish Church, with its highly acclaimed acoustic, Steinway grand piano and flexible seating, is a regular venue for musicians from all over the county and beyond such as the excellent Deddington Brass, led by local musician Graham Wallington and the Adderbury Ensemble.
- Deddington Festival, which is held annually in June, provides the village with a huge variety of musical offerings, from classical groups to Palm Court Trio, classical guitar, and evenings of contemporary jazz with local musician Steve Kershaw and Stekpanna.
- Deddy Rocks, an open-air rock concert, has become part of the Festival too, providing local bands an opportunity to play and involve younger members of the community).
- The Deddington Players stage the annual pantomime and arrange occasional plays and revues. And the Primary School stages highly regarded musicals and shows.
- The Ballet School holds classes for children from two and a half years upward, and pupils are entered for examinations and regularly dance in shows.
- Deddington Art Group specialises in life painting.
- Adderbury, Deddington & District Photographic Society holds an annual photographic exhibition in the Parish Church.
- Deddington Craft Group meets on Tuesday afternoons in the Holly Tree.
- For all contact information, please see the DIRECTORY