Flora & Fauna
Hempton Common Lands
Holly Tree Hall
In the Area
Parish Church & Benefice
Schools and Childcare
Where to Eat, Drink & Stay
The contribution that the many talented people who are involved in dance, drama, music and the visual arts make to life in the parish is considerable. For some it is mainly a leisure activity, although the standards achieved are often extremely high. Others earn some or all of their living professionally with well-earned reputations that go far beyond the parish.
- The Parish Church, with its highly acclaimed acoustic, Steinway grand piano and flexible seating, is a regular venue for musicians from all over the county and beyond such as the superb Adderbury Ensemble and our own Deddington Brass, led by local musician Graham Wallington.
- Deddington Festival, held annually in June, sadly folded in 2023 as no new organisers came forward.
- The a cappella singing group, the Harvard Krokodiloes returned in 2023 after a gap caused by Covid.
- The Deddington Players stage an annual pantomime and arrange occasional plays and revues. And the Primary School stages highly regarded musicals and shows.
- Adderbury, Deddington & District Photographic Society holds an annual photographic exhibition in the Parish Church.
- Deddington Craft Group meets on Tuesday afternoons in the Holly Tree.
- For all contact information, please see both Arts and Clubs & Societies sections of the DIRECTORY