Community - Hempton Common Lands Charity

 

First established in 1808, the charity manages seven acres three rood and eleven poles of land situated in Hempton which is let by the trustees to farmers and the proceeds were to be spent on coal which was distributed to the poor of Hempton. The charity has recently updates its constitution to modernise its goals and is now able to better support parishioners resident in Hempton.

Grant Giving Policy
The Charity aims to benefit persons and relieve either generally or individually persons resident in the village of Hempton, in the county of Oxfordshire, who are in conditions of need, hardship or distress in particular by the provision of furniture, bedding, clothing, food, fuel, heating appliances, tools, books, payment of fees for instruction or examination or travelling expenses as the trustees shall think fit.

More details here

For contact details see the DIRECTORY